Wednesday, February 4, 2009

FOLLOW UP TO YESTERDAY

Yesterday, I received a few more birthday greetings from family and friends. I would think that birthdays are celebrated mainly to give a chance for people who matter to show their love and appreciation.

The three of us, husband, Zay and myself had a cosy dinner at one restaurant in a posh suburb of Kuala Lumpur.

Zay tried the New Zealand Roast Lamb served with black pepper sauce and mashed sweet potatoes, while Dad had Spaghetti Marinara and I had the Caribbean Grilled Chicken. The latter came with rice pilau and mixed salad with fresh herbs.I thought the salad was good but the chicken too dry. Dad didn't seem too pleased with his spaghetti and Zay said the lamb was okay like the ones we prepare at home.We also ordered gado-gado. I expected it to be something like pecal but the the dip tastes different with less peanuts. The vegetables were the same except the bean sprouts were a bit sourish ( not fresh).

For paying about RM 40 per person I would expect the restaurant could have done better.

So, Afif and Zaty did not miss much. As for Ikmal, next time you come back, we will try the Lebanese or Arab food instead. Meantime eat your Indian food and don't skip meals.

No comments: