Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cooking Liver and Chicken Meat


Cooked liver

Liver is not a favorite in our house. However, after my anaemic episode, my husband bought some liver for me. It has been in the freezer for quite some time. Last night I decided to thaw it and then cut in to small pieces and marinate it overnight.
I ground some onions, garlic, ginger, cardamom seeds, coriander seeds, cinnamon, fennel seeds, black pepper, and star anise, in a blender and use it as a marinade.
This morning, I dumped the marinated liver plus its marinade into a hot ladle of oil in the wok to start cooking the liver for about 20 minutes.I then added the balance of the sambal I had cooked a few days earlier (without using belacan or shrimp paste). I also added some soya sauce. The result was rather yummy. Even Afif who do not really fancy liver ate some.The marinade is the same I would normally use when cooking beef slices.





Chicken Meat in Lazy Sauce

I was too lazy to cook the chicken tonight. I didn't feel like frying or grilling it as it would take some time and I was running out of time. We needed the chicken because there was only a bit of liver cooked earlier today.I had already refilled the vegetables in the chicken bones soup I had cooked earlier, with root vegetables (carrots, radish, and potatoes), mixed with Chinese cabbage leaves. For the chicken, since I had thawed the fleshy breasts, I sliced them up and seasoned with a little salt and turmeric powder. I then stir fried some onion slices and chopped garlic and added the chicken pieces. Next some cherry tomatoes were halved and added with chopped bird chillies in the wok. To top the lazy dish, I finished off about 1 tablespoonful of oyster sauce and 2 tablespoon of chilli sauce. The picture above is the balance left after our meal. I will use it in the fried rice I am preparing tomorrow. Lately, we have not been able to finish the rice even though I only cooked a little. Everyone seems to limit their food intake these days.

No comments: