Sunday, September 21, 2008

Of Noodles and Soups

Today for the first time in many years, I don't get to prepare the meal for iftar. Since enrolling for a personal development course in August, I have been busy out of the house. Today I finished way past 5 30 pm. How glad I was to come home to a readily cooked meal, with compliments from my dear husband and my youngest daughter, Zaty, whose been returning every weekend since the fasting month began. As usual my son, Afif prepares the drink and today it was cold Ribena blackcurrant drink.

The mee goreng (fried yellow noodles) was delicious considering my husband has not cooked since the early days of our marriage. Way, way long time ago. It is nice to taste something different from my usual mee goreng.

Tomorrow, I will prepare soto for them. I have already boiled the meat for the pegedil and has
also cooked the nasi empet. ( See my earlier soto recipe). I am using the layer chicken which I will boil in the slow cooker in the morning. Old chicken makes good soup for the soto.

No comments: