Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fish in Batter


Recently, I wanted to prepare some fish and chips but found out that I had run out of cornflour and rice flour.Although the normal recipe only uses normal wheat flour, I discovered that combining the three types of flour makes a better and crispier batter. Since I had already thawed the fish, I had no choice but to make some batter. Hence the following batter was made:

Ingredients:
(enough for 3 pieces of fish)
3 tablespoons wheat flour
1 tablespoon custard powder
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 egg
water or milk, enough to make a smooth batter.

Mix all the ingredients, adding the water or milk last. Make sure the fish is dry before dipping in the batter. Fry in a medium hot cooking oil till golden. Mine was more than golden but it was crispy not tough, just nice. Ummmmph!Best eaten with chilli sauce added with a squeeze of lemon. You may add mayonnaise if you like.

P.S:

You need to fry the chips first before you fry the fish.





No comments: