Friday, August 15, 2008

More on Microwave Cooking

Perhaps the most important thing to remember, never, never put anything metallic such as a spoon,knife, aluminium foil or steel mug or teapot into the microwave oven.The oven will catch fire and may be damaged.The other thing is not to reheat cakes, doughnuts or bread for too long. They come out tough and dried and as for hotdogs, they will be not only be shrivelled, but look and taste unpleasant. When reheating, without any instructions,try to experiment in spurts of 10 seconds or less so that your food is not overexposed to the microwaves.Reheating food in gravy is not too difficult as the liquid will act as a buffer.Stop heating when the liquid is heated not till the food is all dried up.

Referring back to making the sauces, you will note that I did not put any onions, garlic or ginger in them. I do not personally like the taste if you do not fry them thoroughly as in 'tumis'in the art of Malay cooking.If you are preparing the sauces the normal way using oil and a saucepan, you are recommended to use onions or shallots, garlic and ginger, all grounded.

I hope the tips I have written here suffice for ordinary everyday microwave cooking for novices and beginners.Anyone with queries are welcomed to ask.I do not pretend to be an expert because I am not, but I feel honoured to share my experience.

Well Nurul,Zaty, Ikmal may have questions. For sure Afif and Zayye will not have any cos' they are still at home, most of the time, enjoying food served to them without having to prepare them themselves.

No comments: