Monday, May 12, 2008

MOTHER'S DAY

Today is a special day for all mothers. Mothers are being honoured by their children the world over.

I woke up this morning and was pleasantly surprised to receive a Mother's Day text message from an aunt. After thanking her, I sent similar messages to 3 other aunts. Well, they are my 'Mums' now,as my real Mum is no longer with us. She passed away nearly twenty years ago, yetI still miss her.

Everything was quiet in the house when I went to the kitchen. The kettle was hot.The washing machine was on but no one was in sight. There was no breakfast on the table. That's a surprise. I thought mothers are supposed to laze on this day and breakfast will be served by her children.

It was my second daughter, Zay who had woken earlier, thinking that everybody must be tired, had her breakfast and went back to her room after running the wash and putting the kettle on. So I ended having to prepare the breakfast.

I was however rewarded with the gifts from Zay and her sister Zaty, as pictured here (by courtesy of Zay who uploaded them to my laptop). My other children, being away from home had only sent text messages. It's the thoughts that counts.

We didn't need to go out to celebrate this special day. We don't want to rush with others for a place in restaurants as eating out on other days is a normal thing for us. Instead, we spend the day mowing the lawn with their Dad and later preparing lunch and dinner. It is not every day that we get to cook together. So today there are no cooking tips as I have already given the practical tips in the kitchen.

Mums are great only if their offsprings are great. Mums unless they are single parents, cannot be great without a great partner.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

1 comment:

Z. said...

i love my mom! :)